UAB – The University of Alabama at Birmingham – Social Media Manager – April 2017- present
- Develop strategies and manage and create content for UAB’s primary social media channels. Grew UAB’s Instagram following by 326%, Facebook by 40%, and Twitter by 47%.
- Launched and manage UAB’s first Student Social Media Influencer Program and developed the UAB Social Toolkit (uab.edu/toolkit/social), which contains brand guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Serve as leading social media expert on campus and deliver presentations, trainings, and consultations.
- Create and distribute detailed social media analytics reports to measure KPIs.
- Narrate and edit podcast scripts as part of UAB’s 50th anniversary oral history project.
Platypi, Covalence, Gender Reveal – Content Marketer – Birmingham, AL – January – April 2017
- Developed social media content and strategies for local clients including Avondale Brewing Company, Avondale Common House, and The Marble Ring.
- Produced social media content for software company Platypi and coding bootcamp Covalence.
- Wrote blog posts for genderreveal.com and created content for email newsletters and social media channels to promote Gender Reveal, an app developed inside Innovation Depot’s Velocity Accelerator.
- Measured content performance and researched emerging trends. Gained experience in SEO.
B-Metro Magazine, BHM BIZ – Digital Media Editor – Birmingham, AL – September 2015 – January 2017
- Developed an effective online editorial strategy by repackaging print content that increased monthly page views on b-metro.com by nearly 30%.
- Wrote feature articles, including several cover stories, for the print magazine as well as web-exclusive features. Planned and wrote B-Metro’s monthly “One on One” column.
- Produced weekly email newsletters and managed all content for b-metro.com and bhmbiz.com.
- Led strategy and content of social media channels. Grew Instagram following from 2,000 to 15,000.
Starnes Publishing – Staff Writer – Birmingham, AL – August 2013 – August 2015
- Created hyperlocal editorial content for five monthly community newspapers. Won two 1st Place Alabama Press Association Better Newspaper Contest Awards.
- Developed daily email newsletters and produced breaking news content for social media channels.
- Executed copy and design edits and advised on page layouts throughout production process.
Office, Adobe Suite, Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Buffer, Canva, Mish Guru, Asana, Slack, Google Data Studio, WordPress, Constant Contact, Mailchimp, Digital Studio, Markdown
Master of Arts in Community Journalism – University of Alabama, August 2013
Bachelor of Arts in English – Presbyterian College, May 2010